- Starting September 1st, 2008, R.L. Ray Violin Shop began setting aside a substantial portion of every instrument and bow sale towards a scholarship fund. Any student who has purchased an instrument or bow from R.L. Ray Violin Shop after September 1st, 2008 will be eligible. It is our belief that investing in our youth and our community is essential. To date, we've awarded over $16,000 to young musicians!
- We have formed a board of our area's top music educators and professionals. The board will be solely responsible for qualifying applicants and awarding funds.
- The board will review all applications and notify each selected applicant.
- The awards will be granted for any activity that the board feels enhances the student's ability and knowledge of their instrument and musical skill. Summer camps, orchestra fees, master classes and competitions are just a few examples. The scholarship is not applicable for private lessons or instrument purchases.
- RL Ray Violin Shop has not raised prices to fund this scholarship. As a matter of fact, we have not raised our instrument or bow prices since 2002!
- Must have purchased an instrument or bow from R.L. Ray Violin Shop after September 1st, 2008.
- Must be a string instrument player.
- Must be a student up through the 12th grade.
- Must have a recommendation letter from a private teacher or orchestra director.